The Government of Canada has implemented a series of measures to strengthen public sector management by enhancing transparency and oversight of public resources in the federal government.
One of these measures includes the proactive disclosure of financial and human resources-related information by departments and agencies. By making this information readily available on departmental web sites, Canadians and Parliament are better able to hold the Government and public sector officials to account.
To this end, the Government announced the mandatory publication on departmental Web sites of travel and hospitality expenses for selected government officials; contracts entered into by the Government of Canada for amounts over $10,000 (with only limited exceptions such as national security); and the reclassification of positions.
Media Centre Web Feed
- Travel and Hospitality Expense Reports
- Disclosure of Contracts Over $10,000
- Disclosure of Position Reclassifications
- Annual Departmental Report on travel, hospitality and conferences
- Internal Audit: Performance Measures for Staffing (December 2005)
- Disclosure of Grants and Contributions Awards Over $25,000
- The Military Police Complaints Commission does not have the authority to make grants and contributions.
- Date modified: